Zeldman switched, I upgraded. I’m now running on WordPress 2.0.2, thanks to DreamHost‘s one click upgrade. I did upgrade previously by hand when WordPress 2 first came out (on my dev environment) and, well, that was a few months ago. You can understand that it wasn’t necessarily the quickest thing to do manually, and so thanks DreamHost for the one click upgrade!
Now, I wonder if everything works fine…
Update: Alas, all didn’t work out fine but it wasn’t because of WordPress or DreamHost. Here’s what happened:
I thought everything worked out after I ran the installer, and of course I had to write a quick post to announce that everything was okay. That post ended up having a problem and crashed. Silly me, I thought everything was broken but it was in fact that one post. It seems that I had inadvertently left a space in my Ultimate Tag Warrior tag list thereby creating havoc.
Long story short, everything’s (seems to be) fine.
Update #2: Seems my feed redirect plugin also needed updating so for a while there my feed was unavailable. Nice, nice. Okay, so that’s also fixed.
Read more from the archive.